The course covers the practice off drawing blood from patients for aesthetic use. The course will underpin knowledge and practice to allow the safe drawing of blood.
Half a day
- Learn safe techniques and principles for assessment and selection of veins suitable for venepuncture.
- Patient assessment
- Understanding how blood flows through a healthy heart.
- Learn correct handling of vacutainer collection of blood.
- Perform and be aware of dangers and complications of this invasive technique.
- Draw blood correctly to provide quality specimen.
- Follow strict aseptic techniques and safety principles.
- To safely work towards competence
- Have the right attitude and manner resulting in a positive response from the patient
- Reasons for and complications of this procedure
- The management of anaphylaxis
- Knowledge of Legal and professional responsibilities
No pre-requisites but GCSE qualifications preferred
£600 incl. VAT