UNDERSTANDING ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATIONSHIPS IN EDUCATION & TRAINING
The aim of this VTCT Level 3 award is to enable you to understand the role and responsibilities of a teacher in education and training and the relationship between different professionals within education and training.
On completion of this unit you will:
- Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Understand ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Understand the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
You will be guided by your tutor and assessor on the evidence that needs to be produced. Your knowledge and understanding will be assessed using the assessment methods listed below:
- Projects • Observed work • Witness statements • Audio-visual media • Evidence of prior learning or attainment • Written questions • Oral questions • Assignments • Case studies •
- Where applicable your assessor will integrate knowledge outcomes into practical observations through professional discussion and/or oral questioning.
- When a criterion has been orally questioned and achieved, your assessor will record this evidence in written form or by other appropriate means. There is no need for you to produce additional evidence as this criterion has already been achieved.
- Some knowledge and understanding outcomes may require you to show that you know and understand how to do something. If you have practical evidence from your own work that meets knowledge criteria, then there is no requirement for you to be questioned again on the same topic.